Totally Raw Dehydrated Green Tripe Treats (N/A)
WHAT IS GREEN TRIPE?
Green tripe is the stomach lining of ruminating animals (cows, bison, lamb, elk, etc…) inclusive of the greens they have eaten all in one miracle food. It is called green tripe (sometimes referred to as ‘unbleached’ tripe) because the tripe has not been bleached or scalded. The actual color of green tripe can vary in color from pale green to almost black.
ALL TRIPE IS NOT EQUAL!
Green tripe, or “unbleached” tripe, is the most natural form of tripe because it has not been altered once it is removed from the carcass. Although green tripe is very healthy to feed our pets, it is important to note that green tripe is not safe for human consumption. Dogs and cats have very acidic gastric pH levels which are unique to carnivorous animals. In short, they are designed to eat raw flesh and are not prone to the same harmful effects that a human would experience. The stomach of a healthy dog or cat maintains a gastric pH level of between 1 and 2. To compare, the gastric pH of a human is normal at a pH of 5 which is far too neutral to destroy the same harmful bacteria that our pets can handle. Harmful bacteria cannot survive below pH level of 4 making it possible for dogs and cats to take advantage of the exceptional nutritional value that green tripe has to offer them while having no side effects of salmonella or E. coli poisoning. White tripe, or ‘bleached’ tripe, is the tripe that can be found on grocery store shelves. White tripe has been thoroughly cleansed, bleached and scalded to remove all bacteria making it safe for human consumption. White tripe has been treated and processed and is enjoyed by humans worldwide but it holds no nutritional value for our pets. Bleaching and scalding destroys the helpful bacteria and living enzymes that benefit our furry friends.
WHY WOULD I FEED THIS TO MY PET?
Green tripe is the perfect combination of high quality protein and green vegetation, rich in natural nutrition that you just can’t get from baked kibble and other cooked, over-processed foods. Some of the benefits your pet will receive from eating green tripe are:
- Gastric juices and digestive enzymes to help your pet digest and efficiently utilize its food
- Gastric juices are also a fantastic, all natural dental cleaner
- Contains amino acids which are necessary for muscular development
- Calcium phosphorus ratio is near perfect balance
- The overall pH is on the acidic side (better for digestion and maintaining proper pH)
- Contains essential fatty acids, Linoleic and Linolenic, in their recommended proportions
- Presence of lactic acid bacteria (Lactobacillus Acidophilus)
- Excellent source of protein, fibre and fat
- Great appetite stimulat0r for our more ‘finicky’ eaters
This may be difficult to ‘stomach’ but our pets really do thrive on green tripe. Kibble fed, raw fed, canned food, home cooked meals, etc…regardless of what you feed your pet, they will all benefit from green tripe.
We are proud to offer green tripe in cans, raw frozen or as a dehydrated treat!